Project 2019 Port of Hamburg

• After the now finished "Birds Air Route" I have chosen the port of Hamburg for the year 2019 on multiple request.

Since the performance over Hamburg in the P3D isn't the best anyway, I can't say yet with certainty what the final scope of the project will be.

It is clear that it will of course include the new harbour promenade with the Überseebrücke (Oversea Bridge), the Landungsbrücken (Landing bridges), the floating docks, etc. If possible I will continue the harbour mile to the museum harbour "Ovelgönne".

Everything else like the theatres "King of the Lions" and "Miracle of Bern" as well as the whole area on the south bank of the river Elbe will depend on the performance situation until then.

I can already present a first picture to you.

The harbour promenade itself is already finished in its new form (still under construction in reality). The grey block with the transparent roof (front right) becomes the subway station "Baumwall" and the black area in the background at the end of the promenade becomes the landing bridges (2nd construction phase).

After the station Baumwall the Überseebrücke with the berth of the Cap San Diego and the marina will be built. Then the first construction phase is finished.

HH-Port_bau1.JPG

The harbor promenade in the evening:

HH-Port_bau1-Nacht.JPG

Ich grüße alle Salzhäute und Teerzöpfe und auch die Pechvögel, die nicht an der Küste wohnen ;)

Greetings to all salt skins and tar plaits and also to the unlucky birds, which do not live at the coast ;)

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png      Bluemarlin.png

• Here are the latest advances in the development of the Port of Hamburg. In the meantime the subway station "Baumwall" is finished and also in the area of the marina something has already happened. Here are some pictures:

HH-Port_bau2.JPG

HH-Port_bau3.JPG

HH-Port_bau4.JPG

HH-Port_bau5.JPG

HH-Port_bau6.JPG

HH-Port_bau7.JPG

Ich grüße alle Salzhäute und Teerzöpfe und auch die Pechvögel, die nicht an der Küste wohnen ;)

Greetings to all salt skins and tar plaits and also to the unlucky birds, which do not live at the coast ;)

Manfred

• And again the port of Hamburg is two steps further.

The historical police station at the "Niederbaumbrücke" - known by the TV series "Hafenkante" - has now found its place. Of course with the corresponding jetty for the police boat "Bürgermeister Weichmann".

HH-Port_bau8.JPG

Yes, and the second step is the Elb-Philharmonie.

The "Phili" as it is briefly called, I had actually not at all on the plan, since it is contained in ORBX GEN.

However, the Philharmonie in GEN is not illuminated at night, so you only get to see a dark block. Of course that's not possible, because especially in the darkness the building shines in all its splendour. That's why I included them in the project and built them anew - now with dynamic reflections in the many glass panes by day (depending on the position of the sun) and of course with lighting for the night.

HH-Port_bau9_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau9_nacht.JPG

Manfred

• The first construction phase of the Port of Hamburg, from the Elbphilharmonie to the beginning of the "Landungsbrücken" (Landing bridges), has been completed with the "Überseebrücke" (Oversea bridge) and the pontoons connected to it (the missing ships come at the very end) and is entering the first test phase.

Now the second construction phase begins, which includes the complete landing bridges up to the old Elbe tunnel.

Here are two more pictures from the area of the "Überseebrücke":

HH-Port_bau10_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau11_nacht.JPG

More pictures will follow!

Manfred

• After the new promenade and the "Überseebrücke" (Oversea bridge) are finished, I went to the old buildings of the "Landungsbrücken" (Landing bridges) in the last 2 weeks.

Here I can present you the first screenshots of the Landungsbrücken from the P3D4.

Next pictures will follow when the actual landing bridges - the pontoons - are finished.

HH-Port_bau13_tag.JPG

Of course the "Hard Rock Cafe" should not be missing!

HH-Port_bau15_tag.JPG

...and here now two more pictures in the dark

HH-Port_bau13_nacht.JPG

HH-Port_bau14_nacht.JPG

Manfred

• The second construction phase has now also been completed.

It includes:

the pontoons with bridges 1-10,

the Rickmer Rickmers,

the old buildings on the Landungsbrücken,

the subway station "Landungsbrücken",

the old Elbe tunnel and

the Beach Clubs on the former parking deck next to the old Elbe tunnel.

But since pictures say more than 1000 words, here are some screen shots:

HH-Port_bau16_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau17_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau18_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau19_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau20_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau21_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau22_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau24_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau25_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau26_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau27_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau28_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau29_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau30_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau31_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau32_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau33_tag.JPG

Manfred

• Fischkopp

Added the Label P3D V4+
  • 3rd construction phase

Unfortunately, for professional reasons, I have had little time in the last few weeks to continue designing the port. Therefore the 3rd construction phase is not as far as I would have liked it to be.

But there are a few things that are worth reporting.

First, the quay walls were extended almost to the fish auction hall and the pontoon with the offices of the tug companies were added.

HH-Port_bau34_tag.JPG

Much more important, as it is a distinctive feature of the port, are the docks 10 and 11 of Blohm+Voss. Dock 10 has also been docked with a general overhaul ship, some of which is protected against bad weather by a scaffold and tarpaulin.

This ship can be faded in and out in the finished scenery via the configurator, so that the dock can be occupied or empty.

HH-Port_bau35_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau36_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau37_tag.JPG

I hope that I will have more time in the coming weeks to push the construction of the scenery.

Manfred

• Third construction phase finished!

The 3rd construction phase from the harbour waterworks (bridge 10) to the fish auction hall is now completed.

In the picture below you can see in the foreground the pontoons of the harbour tugboats. On the right bank, the area of the waterworks and the Beach Club "Strandpauli" to the left.

HH-Port_bau38_tag.JPG

The Beach Club is followed by the caravan and truck park and the large area of the "Hamburg fish market", which takes place every Sunday morning from 05:00 to 10:00 a.m..

This is also the place from which cars that have been drunk off again and again have to be towed away during floods =O

HH-Port_bau39_tag.JPG

The service pontoon of the HADAG harbour ferries is located about two thirds of the way between the Beach Club and the fish auction hall (which is now an event hall).

Between the pontoon and the shore, is the submarine museum with the old Soviet submarine "U434", which can also be visited. But walking through the boat is not for people who have problems with narrow rooms.

HH-Port_bau40_nacht.JPG

At the end of the 3rd construction phase there is the fish auction hall and in front of it the pontoons of the harbour ferry dock "Altona".

The house on the left side is already part of the 4th construction phase which has already begun. This then reaches from the fish auction hall to the "Dockland" area.

HH-Port_bau41_tag.JPG

Manfred

• Construction stage 4 in the making!

Here now after 2 weeks the first pictures of the 4th construction stage, the beginning of the "Große Elbstraße" after the "Fischauktionshalle" (Fish auction hall). These buildings need a little more time to build, because they are architecturally a little bit less demanding than simple squares ;).

HH-Port_bau42_tag.JPG

In this view you can already see the next object in the shell (to adapt it to ORBX GEN and the rest of the scene). This is the so-called "Crystal Tower" (because the facade consists mainly of glass) and the adjacent office building in which the Burda publishing house also has its rooms.

HH-Port_bau43_tag.JPG

If you now let your eyes glide over the scenery that was finished so far, then I have to say: "Yes, so slowly "my home port" is recognizable ^^.

HH-Port_bau44_tag.JPG

Manfred

• So that not someone believes the project "Hamburger Hafen" would have fallen asleep, here are a few pictures in between.

The next post about it will only be available when I have finished the north shore from the Elb-Philharmonie to museum port Ovelgönne - around Christmas - there is still a little more than half a kilometre of building missing and also the Hotel "Hafen Hamburg", the tropical institute and the "Cap San Diego" (which I have already started).

After that I will start with the south shore and then all the shipping traffic. This will probably take another 1 year.

HH-Port_bau45_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau46_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau49_tag.JPG

HH-Port_bau50_tag.JPG

Manfred